Friday, March 23, 2018

A 4th Stitch For You to Learn

Learning to Crochet

Video #4: Half Double Crochet

Welcome back! Let's get right to it, shall we. This week's tutorial is how to half double crochet. I know. I know. It makes no sense. Wouldn't a half double be a single? I don't make the rules, I just teach them. The UK calls this the Half Treble. 

The half double crochet is my favorite stitch. It's bigger than a single crochet so you can have fewer rows and work moves faster BUT it doesn't have all the open space like a double crochet. If your tension is right, this stitch can be used to put pixel images in your smaller projects because it takes up the same amount of space vertically and horizontally. 

So, grab your hook and yarn and let's get to learning!



No comments:

Post a Comment